If life is in danger call Triple Zero 000
If life is in danger call Triple Zero 000

Community Aid

We care about the wellbeing of older people in our community. By providing social support, such as visits and calls, and transport to go shopping or attend appointments, we can help you, or someone you care about, live independently and stay connected.

Community Aid supports you to remain 
active and engaged in your community.

Caring, individual support  

Wellbeing is about living life to the full, in a way that’s meaningful and feels worthwhile. As we age, this usually includes living independently at home for as long as possible.


Make an appointment today

Our Community Aid volunteers can support you, or someone you care about, to live at home safely by: 

  • helping with transport to attend activities, such as social events or medical appointments, or trips to the shops 
  • providing companionship with regular visits or phone support  
  • reducing feelings of loneliness or isolation 
  • noticing changes in your situation that might affect your wellbeing or arrangements. 

Community Aid is available to those who are: 

  • 65 years and older, or 50 and older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people 
  • living independently in the Hornsby Shire and Ku-ring-gai Municipal Council local government areas 
  • not receiving a Home Care Package (HCP) 
  • registered with My Aged Care (MAC).  

Volunteers are recruited under strict guidelines and receive ongoing training, and work together with you and your family, providing practical support, connection and compassion. 

A small contribution is required for each service that involves transport.

If you decide to go ahead, My Aged Care-approved assessors will do a Regional Assessment, and you’ll be given a referral code and contact details, or we’ll be sent a referral and will be in touch. 

What's next?

Please get in touch if you’d like more details about Community Aid,
your eligibility or how to get started with our services.